“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.” ~Ernest Boyer, Jr. (Thanks, Ann)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tired and Grumpy

I suppose it is a problem, all these deep breaths and sighings.  Usually a good indicator that I'm being foolish and strong-willed.  My kids are doing that tender, expectant, don't-make-eye-contact dealy where they patiently wait for mama to give it up and ask forgiveness.  Baaah.  I'm so stinkin fallen.  Fallen in a pit of work-till-I-crack.  Fallen in a pit of "does-anybody-see-this-mess?!"  Fallen in a pit of stinking thinking like my kids and husband are supposed to be serving ME dinner and thinking of what MOM wants to do.  Ha, kinda makes me laugh now.  They always so sweetly say "oh yes, I do forgive you, and I love you so much" - just like You, Jesus.  I'm so thankful for that.

Well, the tomatoes are done boiling.  I should go to bed so I can wake up and finish this by starting fresh-better tomorrow.  Jesus, meet me there.  I'll be the bleary-eyed one begging you for a few more minutes before the sweet ones wake up.  I'd like to meet You on the couch for coffee, and then again in the garden, please.  Preferably before it's 90 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Canning fatigue--I sooo understand! It creeps up on me every year: I'm always so excited about all of the gardening and harvesting I fail to realize at first that it's a hefty part-time job at least and it's impossible to keep up with everything else on the to do list at the same time! Thanks for your transparency--I found myself in the same place recently with my family and attitude and appreciate the perspective.

    ReplyDelete