I'm not immobilized by school any more. We are doing it - and fabulously. We get up, we're excited!!
Praying for the I-man to strike "never" from his vocab. It's so not true! He declares such wretched extremes - probably b/c he's so passionate, eh? What a fantastical boy. Got re-inspired by Charlotte Mason last night - this is my CM boy - he thrives in his creative play world - unhindered by Mommy (I'm just the supply lady). The learning can't help but come.
Peter read to Ike and Ruby about 30 minutes yesterday (yeah! shower time for me!) - when he started in on Ugly Duckling in the anthology, I knew I had time to escape. How can I keep this pride from exploding out of me. And the careful "handwriting" work yesterday - good grief, who knew he could care so much about the perfect "o". It was the "best in the world" ever made, he said. High achiever?
Today we're knocked off track by delightful guests - Bodie and Bree will shake up our 2-day old school routine - but with all pleasure. I should feed them maybe. Shoot - it's past 9. Now I'm late on "school starts" and "chores". Ha!!
Sleeping solution: Ruby with Isaac (light on). Peter in her room/bed (light off). Mommy and Daddy (sleep ALL night alone!!!)
Jeremiah 6:16 This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."
“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.” ~Ernest Boyer, Jr. (Thanks, Ann)
No comments:
Post a Comment