“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.” ~Ernest Boyer, Jr. (Thanks, Ann)

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Comments?

Yes, I have some comments to make. Incidently, I added the comments feature to my blog. But they are super-secret - only for me to read (I think, if I did it right) - in fact, so secret that I can't even figure out if I did it. Help me if you can.

I have some comments to make. I am a political girl. It irritates me when people complain but do nothing. I like words like fervent and radical. Properly applied, those are powerful words. Read an interesting email about Sarah Palin today (source is http://www.agreeinprayer.com/) - made me shiver. Don't know what you are doing, God, but I know that when you move me to action (like volunteering at the Ohio Republican Party phone bank today with a dear friend and our boys), it is just the iceberg tip. The rest of that iceberg is far more daunting in the power of my fervent effectual prayer for God's will to be done in our country as people mobilize to vote. Whew. How very daunting.

My friend emailed me a wise one today after I complained that McCain doesn't entirely match me!!! She said something big: The most important thing we must do is save our country from Barack Obama. whoa.

Yep. So, some of my dear blog-readers might prefer the sweet child pictures and posts (mine are lovely little ones, aren't they). But this is my blog. So I get to write what I really think - unlike most of my life where I have to filter it so people who claim to "tolerant and open-minded" won't be offended. How absurd. We all get offended - the question is whether we choose to love like the King of Love: acknowledge the horrors of sin and lead people to freedom in the truth. He is the Truth. He is Life!! I need to shout and sing. There, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment