Should I just skip Christmas on this abandoned blog? I don't know. But I'm back now, real life resumes and I'm ever so glad. I love homeschooling. I've done the wild emotional ride today from must-plan-how-have-I-procrastinated-until-today to oh-horror-I'm-a-wretched-unprepared-teacher to wow-we're-farther-than-I-thought to here. Here is here:
Peter is thriving. Needs to be moving in math, I've been lazy and he deserves better than tiptoeing through the texts. He reads like a whiz and I'm just not starting the "grammar/english" until next year because why should I mire him up. But I am making him labor on his handwriting and spelling so he's not so stumped when he tries to write. And we're adding copywork (for spelling lists, geography and memory verses) and dictation (for poetry and bible). Science is awesome and we love it. History got mired in the colonies - but we're pressing on toward some cool new biographies and the Declaration of Independence! I said we were adding Spanish, but I'm backpeddling. And Art on Friday's. Yes, we're not skipping it. And music playing - I think I need to go marinate in Ambleside and that will either make me shutdown or step forth victorious!! Here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment