“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.” ~Ernest Boyer, Jr. (Thanks, Ann)

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

requesting

I'm unhappy just doing one thing at a time. So, while I hunt down library books online to request for school, I'll put some thoughts down here. I have some things to be thankful for.

I've been requesting quite a lot from God, and boy, I am so well taken care of.
Philipians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious, about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

If I could remember how to record with my mic, I'd sing it to you (the only way for me to really keep scripture in my head).

We are about to study the Great Awakening in our history time - the 1730's and 1740's when John Wesley and Jonathan Edwards were telling the truth in Europe. I'm excited - I don't know much of anything about these guys and it's time I do.

So, now I'm just going to sit back in my comfy chair and listen to this nice blog music and hunt for the marvelous books in my TruthQuest History guide. I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment